|“||Though our tanks and artillery are mighty, it is the vast ranks of Imperial Guardsmen that shall trample the enemy to dust -- let them come.||„|
|~ Ursarkar E. Creed, Lord Castellan of Cadia|
The Astra Militarum, commonly known as the Imperial Guard, is the primary fighting force of the Imperium of Man Across a galaxy of a hundred billion stars, there must be billions of Guardsmen at least -- yet even the Departmento Munitorum on Terra, which oversees this immense force, has no real idea of how many troops there are at any one time. A safe estimate is to say that there are millions of regiments.
Features[edit | edit source]
- Playstyle: Indiscriminate ranged firepower
- Initial Challenge: Hard
- Billions of Men: Inexpensive ranged infantry, but susceptible to morale loss.
- Heavy Armour: Mighty armoured vehicles with many upgrades.
- Thundering Artillery: Extremely long-ranged artillery.
- Imperial Bastion: Defensive fortifications to keep attackers at bay.
- The Bureaucracy of War: Issue city edicts to increase city output.